My mom bought this chair for me when I was in grade school, and unfortunately it has been tucked away in storage for the past decade. I had a sudden urge to makeover a piece of furniture, and this chair was the first thing to pop into my mind. It’s not a bad looking chair, but I thought it needed a little more pizazz. It looked sad and neglected, so I decided to give it some much needed attention. I had a brand new chair in a few hours.
1. Pick your new fabric (my favorite part). I purchased a yard and cut it to fit the padded seat.
2. Pick the paint. I chose two cans of coppery Krylon spray.
3. Unscrew the seat from the bottom and place it aside for reupholstering.
4. Lightly sand and apply one coat Zinsser BIN primer.
5. Apply two cans spray paint.
6. Fold new fabric over old fabric, pull taut, and staple with heavy duty gun.
7. Screw seat back on the frame. DONE! Chair is now happy.